Child & Youth Health Network of the Capital Region
A Collective Impact Initiative~
We acknowledge that we live, work and play on the traditional territories of the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples~.
Communities supporting healthy kids growing into healthy adults raising healthy kids.
We align to ensure children and youth in the Capital Region thrive.
As the Child & Youth Health Network (C&YHN) Youth Engagement Coordinator you will:
- Work closely with the C&YHN Coordinator to ensure that all youth engagement activities are aligned and support the work of the network.
- Work with all active C&YHN constellations to develop youth engagement strategies to ensure the youth voice is present and integrated, leading to powerful results.
- Participate in the C&YHN Stewardship Committee.
- Coordinate the C&YHN Youth Constellation and support the leadership capacity of youth partners in that constellation.
- Map the existing “Youth Engagement Landscape” within the CRD, including the work of the C&YHN, Municipalities, CRD, Youth Program Quality Initiative, YSPN, HYPE, and Youth Councils.
- Based on the mapping exercise, make recommendations for ways that these partners can align and engage in mutually reinforcing activities and support this alignment.
- Develop a Youth Engagement Communication Strategy within the C&YHN that includes succinct messages for various stakeholder groups.
- Look to develop the broader Youth Engagement Community, including funders, businesses, government, youth and parents, etc.
- Establish a CRD Youth Engagement Advisory Council with key stakeholders, including youth.
- Build strong partnerships with other initiatives supporting the youth development sector (e.g., YSPN, HYPE, Youth Councils, ISICUN @ UVIC, etc.) to align resources and networks. Make recommendations about how the C&YHN can align its efforts with these existing networks.
- Draft an application for continued funding for the C&YHN Youth Engagement Coordinator position from a major local charitable foundation.
$25 per hour
- Flexible daytime availability for an average of 17 hours a week over a 25 week period (possibility of ongoing employment, subject to funding);
- Commitment to Collective Impact and the values and aims of the Child & Youth Health Network;
- Commitment to excellence in youth programming;
- Experience working in youth programs;
- Knowledgeable about, and deeply involved in, the youth-serving community in Greater Victoria;
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
References will only be contacted after interviews are complete~.
Closing: September 14th at 4:30pm. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by September 17th.
Interviews: September 21st in the afternoon
Starting: Week of September 28th